Angelo Robinson came to New Zealand by way of the Inglewood High and the University of Utah. A key part of one of the most celebrated high school basketball teams of all time, Inglewood high went 29 - 0 in his senior year and was the #1 team in the USA.
- 1980 - 1984 University of Utah, 3x WAC conference champions, captained the team in '83 & '84
- Played professional basketball in Japan & the Phillipines
- Starred in the NZNBL playing for Cable Price Centrals, Morehu, and Exchequer Saints.
- 1988 coached the Exchequer Saints to the national title
- Basketball New Zealand Junior Development Officer for 3 years
- Launched BPI Basketball in schools programme with Kenny McFadden
- Physical Education teacher at Kapiti College from 1995 to today.
- Launched Hoop Club in 1996 with Kenny McFadden & Terry Stallworth
- Director of Hoop Club Kapiti & Kapiti Basketball Association
- Coach of Hoop Club International Junior Varsity at Spalding World Youth Tournament in Hawaii
- Pacific Slam Coach in 2008 & 2009 - tours to Port Macquarie
- BBNZ Coach at Cluster Camps 2007 - 2009
- Helped Kenny McFadden set up the first tour to Las Vegas in 2009.
"I have known Angelo for almost 20 years, first playing for him at Hoop Club and Kapiti College, and now working alongside him as a coach. His passion for basketball and young people is infectious, and he has a way of communicating with you that makes you really believe in yourself. He has probably forgotten more about basketball than many coaches in NZ have ever known and I would give him the highest recommendation."